Soroptomist International of Vallejo distributes $47,000 to women and girls
Soroptomist International of Vallejo (SIOV) announced this week that they have distributed $47,000 in the last two months to women and girls who seek to continue their education.
On March 26 at an event held at the Vallejo Naval and Historical Museum, SIOV granted a total of $10,000 to four women for this year’s Live Your Dream: Education and Training Awards for Women, and the Violet Richardson Award. The Live Your Dream awards provide financial grants to women who have overcome obstacles and are working hard to get their lives back on track in order to build a better life for themselves and their families through education and skills training.
The Violet Richardson Award honors young women in the community between the ages of 14 and 18 for volunteer action such as fighting drugs, crime and violence, cleaning up the environment and working to end discrimination and poverty.
At a luncheon held on May 16, SIOV provided a total of $37,000 in scholarship awards to ten young women graduating from Vallejo High Schools who plan to attend attend a 4-year university, a community college, or a professional training program. This years’ awardees will be continuing on to Solano Community College, Napa Valley College, San Francisco State University, UC Berkeley, UC Irvine, UC Davis, UC San Diego, Dartmouth, UCLA and Clark University Atlanta.
Soroptimist is a global volunteer organization that provides women and girls with access to the education and training they need to achieve economic empowerment. The Vallejo Soroptimists join 1,300 soroptimist clubs in 21 countries and territories around the world in actively supporting this mission.
For more information, contact [email protected] or sivallejo.org.
Related Questions and Answer about "Soroptomist International of Vallejo distributes $47,000 to women and girls"
Table of Content
- How do scientists celebrate girls and women?
- What is the theme of the International Day of Women and Girls in Science?
- How many missing and murdered indigenous women and girls in Canada 2020?
- How do women celebrate International day of science?
- How do women celebrate International day?
- Has Prop 47 increased crime?
- How do girls join the International Order of the rainbow?
- Who founded the International Order of the Rainbow for Girls?
- Who distributes UNC Press?
- Who distributes Russian River?
5 Ways to Celebrate International Day of Women and Girls in...
- Learn about a woman in science. Though they have not always been recognized, throughout history women have made contributions to the fields of science and exploration. ...
- Sign the 500 Women Pledge. ...
- March for Science. ...
- Register your action. ...
- Support WINGS.
HOW TO OBSERVE INTERNATIONAL DAY OF WOMEN AND GIRLS IN SCIENCE
- Learn about women's contributions to Science. It is fascinating to learn about the many female trailblazers who have contributed to our society through science. ...
- Encourage a girl to seek her academic passion. ...
- Connect with Girls Who Code.
8 ways to celebrate International Women's Day with your team
- #1 Get your staff involved in the #Breakthebias photo challenge for social media. ...
- #2 Host or encourage your staff to attend online panel events. ...
- #3 Run a (virtual) coffee morning to honour your female employees. ...
- #4 The value of a simple thank-you.