Female STEM Students Get College Scholarships From Exelon, Exelon Foundation
By Stephen Nakrosis
Exelon Corp. said Thursday it will provide nine full-ride college scholarships to young women who graduated from the Exelon STEM Leadership Academy.
Scholarship recipients were notified by last year's scholarship recipients. The scholarships, which will be provided by the Exelon Foundation, will cover all costs, including tuition, room and board, and all other expenses, the utility said. The total value of the nine scholarships is about $1 million, Exelon said.
Exelon's STEM Leadership Academy offer a free, week-long experience for girls in 10th and 11th grade from diverse and low-income communities. More than 650 girls have participated over the last four years, Exelon said.
The utility said its STEM Leadership Academy Scholarship "provides recipients with a clear pathway from participation in the Academy to college and then entry into the energy workforce, ideally as an Exelon employee."
Write to Stephen Nakrosis at [email protected]
Related Questions and Answer about "Female STEM Students Get College Scholarships From Exelon, Exelon Foundation"
Table of Content
- Where does Exelon get its energy from?
- Is Constellation owned by Exelon?
- What happened to my Exelon stock?
- Is Exelon the same as Constellation?
- Can college students get scholarships?
- Do most college students get scholarships?
- How can college students get scholarships?
- Can international students get college scholarships?
- How many female college students are there?
- How do current college students get scholarships?
How do I find scholarships?
- the financial aid office at a college or career school.
- a high school or TRIO counselor.
- the U.S. Department of Labor's FREE scholarship search tool.
- federal agencies.
- your state grant agency.
- your library's reference section.
- Fill out the FAFSA. Be sure to fill out the Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA) to get financial assistance in the form of state and federal financial aid. ...
- Fill out a CSS. ...
- Use scholarship search tools. ...
- State grants and scholarships. ...
- School scholarships. ...
- Local service groups. ...
- Corporate scholarships.