|Developer(s) 22||Bandai Namco Entertainment|
|Publisher(s)||Bandai Namco Entertainment|
Ace Angler: Nintendo Switch Version (or simply Ace Angler), released in Japan as Fishing Spirits: Nintendo Switch Version,[a] is a 2019 fishing video game published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. The game was released for the Nintendo Switch.
Development and release
Ace Angler is based on Fishing Spirits, a fishing simulator arcade game. In the arcade game, players use their rod controllers to catch the fish swimming on the monitor. A trailer for Ace Angler was released in May 2019.
The arcade game was ported to the Nintendo Switch and released in Japan under the title Fishing Spirits: Nintendo Switch Version on July 25, 2019. It was later released in Southeast Asia on July 21, 2020, as Ace Angler: Nintendo Switch Version. Though release for Western markets never occurred, copyrights for the game's title surfaced in various countries in 2022.
Ace Angler sold over 800,000 copies.
Ace Angler: Fishing Spirits, a sequel to the game, was announced in 2022. It is set to release in Japan on October 27, 2022.
- ^ a b Romano, Sal (May 14, 2019). "Tsuri Spirits: Nintendo Switch Version debut trailer, details". Gematsu. Retrieved August 18, 2018.
- ^ "釣りスピリッツ Nintendo Switchバージョン". My Nintendo Store. Nintendo. Retrieved August 18, 2022.
- ^ Plunkett, Luke (June 28, 2022). "Wonderful, That Bonkers Fishing Game Series Is Back". Kotaku. Retrieved August 18, 2022.
- ^ a b c d Romano, Sal (July 31, 2022). "Ace Angler: Fishing Spirits launches October 27 in Japan, Asia with English subtitles". Gematsu. Retrieved August 18, 2022.
- ^ a b "Square Enix trademarks Lenneth in Australia; Bandai Namco trademarks Fishing Spirits and Ace Angler in Canada [Update 2]". Gematsu. April 12, 2022. Retrieved August 18, 2022.
- ^ Romano, Sal (April 7, 2020). "Ace Angler: Nintendo Switch Version coming to Asia with English subtitles on July 21". Gematsu. Retrieved August 18, 2022.
- ^ Tolentino, Josh (April 12, 2020). "Fishing Spirits Switch Localized as Ace Angler". Siliconera. Retrieved August 18, 2022.