Ragland in May 2018
Doria Loyce Ragland
(1956-09-02) September 2, 1956 (age 66)
Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.
|Education||University of Southern California (MSW)|
Thomas Markle Sr.
(m. 1979; div. 1987)
|Children||Meghan, Duchess of Sussex|
Doria Ragland was born in Cleveland, Ohio, to nurse Jeanette Arnold (1929–2000) and her second husband Alvin Azell Ragland (1929–2011).
Ragland married lighting director Thomas Markle Sr. on December 23, 1979. Their daughter, Meghan, was born in 1981. The couple broke up when their daughter was two years old. Both parents contributed to raising her. They divorced in 1987. Ragland has accompanied Meghan to public events and attended her 2018 wedding to Prince Harry in Berkshire.
- "(Almost) Straight Outta Compton", a 2016 tabloid article headline about Meghan Markle and her mother's background
- ^ Morton, Andrew (April 17, 2018). Meghan: A Hollywood Princess. Grand Central Publishing. p. PT19. ISBN 978-1-5387-4734-6. Archived from the original on August 5, 2018. Retrieved May 23, 2018.
- ^ Child, Christopher C. (May 18, 2018). "Meghan Markle's maternal family". Vita Brevis. New England Historic Genealogical Society. Archived from the original on May 23, 2018. Retrieved May 23, 2018.
- ^ Tauber, Michelle (February 6, 2019). "The Truth About Meghan Markle's Dad — and the Letter She Wrote Him After the Wedding". People. Retrieved November 12, 2021.
- ^ Jones, Richard (May 17, 2018). "Thomas Markle Snr: How Meghan Markle's reclusive father helped propel her into the spotlight". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Archived from the original on May 18, 2018. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- ^ AOL Staff. "Meghan Markle's mom Doria Ragland seen headed to London amid drama around Meghan's father". aol.com. Archived from the original on May 19, 2018. Retrieved May 19, 2018.
- ^ "What You Need to Know About Meghan Markle's Mother Doria Ragland". Town and Country. May 19, 2018. Archived from the original on May 19, 2018. Retrieved May 19, 2018.
- Doria Ragland at IMDb
- Portraits of Doria Ragland at the National Portrait Gallery, London