|Born||Omid William Scobie|
July 1981 (age 41)
|Alma mater||Magdalen College School;|
London College of Communication
|Subject||British royal family|
Omid William Scobie (born July 1981) is a British journalist and writer best known for co-authoring the book Finding Freedom. Scobie's work focuses on the British royal family.
Early life and education
Scobie was born in Wales in July 1981 and grew up in Oxford with his younger brother and parents, an Iranian social worker mother and a British marketing director father. He attended Magdalen College School and then entered the sixth form at Cherwell School in Oxford. He studied journalism at the London College of Communication.
After a brief stint on a British celebrity magazine, Scobie became the European bureau chief on the American celebrity and entertainment magazine Us Weekly, where he stayed for a decade. Part of his role was reporting on royals. He became royal editor-at-large at Harper's Bazaar and the royal contributor at ABC News, appearing regularly on Good Morning America and hosting the network's royal podcast, the HeirPod.
In 2020, Scobie co-authored a book about Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, with American journalist Carolyn Durand. Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of A Modern Royal Family was published in August 2020 by HarperCollins. Within five days it had sold more than 31,000 copies in the United Kingdom and had secured the number one spot for hardback non-fiction on The Sunday Times bestseller list. In August 2021 a paperback edition of the book was released with a new epilogue covering events of the previous year, including Meghan and Harry's TV interview with Oprah Winfrey.
- ^ a b c "Omid William Scobie". Companies House. Retrieved 15 April 2022.
- ^ "GRO index entry". FreeBMD. Retrieved 7 June 2022.
- ^ a b "Palace Confidential: Omid Scobie spills the tea on his relationship with the Duchess of Sussex". Tatler. 31 August 2021. Retrieved 1 September 2021.
- ^ "Omid Scobie Knows How Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Feel". Town&Country. 14 August 2020. Retrieved 1 September 2021.
- ^ Omid Scobie, Carolyn Durand (11 August 2020). Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of A Modern Royal Family. HarperCollins. ISBN 9780063046108. Retrieved 1 September 2021.
- ^ "The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's biography tops UK bestseller list". Tatler. 19 August 2020. Retrieved 1 September 2021.
- ^ "New chapter in the Sussexes' controversial biography sheds light on how they spent the past year". Independent. 31 August 2021. Retrieved 1 September 2021.
- Omid Scobie at IMDb