Trevor Jeo Engelson
(1976-10-23) October 23, 1976 (age 45)
Great Neck, New York, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of Southern California|
Trevor Jeo Engelson (born October 23, 1976) is an American film producer and literary manager, whose work has included producing the TV series Snowfall, as well as the 2010 film Remember Me.
Early life and education
Engelson was born on October 23, 1976, in Great Neck, New York, on Long Island. He is Jewish. He attended John L. Miller Great Neck North High School and studied journalism at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles.
After college, Engelson began a career as a production assistant and later moved into talent management before founding his own production company, Underground, in 2001. As a producer, he has worked on several films and television shows. These include Remember Me, Outpost 37, License to Wed and All About Steve. He also produced the series Snowfall. In 2018, Engelson was set to start work on a fictional drama for Fox Broadcasting about a British prince.
Engelson began dating Meghan Markle in 2004. The couple married at the Jamaica Inn in Ocho Rios, Jamaica on September 10, 2011. They separated after approximately 18 months and in August 2013 were granted a no-fault divorce citing irreconcilable differences. Engelson attracted significant media attention due to his previous marriage to Markle, when she became engaged to Prince Harry in November 2017.
Following his divorce from Markle, Engelson dated Bethenny Frankel of The Real Housewives of New York City. According to Frankel, their romantic relationship subsequently devolved into a business one. On June 1, 2018, Engelson became engaged to dietitian Tracey Kurland, daughter of investment trust founder Stanford Kurland (died January 2021), and heiress to a multi-million dollar fortune. The couple married on May 11, 2019, in California. In August 2020, it was reported that Kurland had given birth to a daughter. The couple had a second daughter in 2021.
|Santa Baby||Co-executive producer|
|2007||License to Wed||Co-producer|
|2009||All About Steve||Executive producer|
|Bad Advice from My Brother||Producer|
|2017||Give Me Future||Executive producer||Documentary|
|L.A. Burning: The Riots 25 Years Later||Executive producer|
|2017–present||Snowfall||Executive producer||Executive producer for 11 episodes|
|2018||The After Party||Producer|
|Heathers||Executive producer||Executive producer for 6 episodes|
|Harry and Meghan: A Windsor Wedding||Actor (himself)||Documentary|
|2019||Desi Lydic: Abroad||Executive producer|
|2020||Chasing the Sound||Executive producer|
|Dream Team||Executive producer|
|2021||Small Engine Repair||Executive producer|
|TBA||Dragon's Lair: The Movie||Producer||Announced for production|
- ^ a b Hallemann, Caroline (March 27, 2019). "Who Is Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband, Trevor Engelson?". Town & Country. Archived from the original on May 2, 2019. Retrieved May 12, 2019.
- ^ a b c Singer, Jenny (November 29, 2017). "How Meghan Markle's Jewish Ex-Husband Became The Guy Who Lost Future Royal Bride". The Forward. Retrieved July 15, 2018.
- ^ a b "Everything we know about Meghan Markle's ex husband Trevor Engelson". Stuff. UK. Retrieved July 16, 2018.
- ^ a b "Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Just Got Engaged". Town & Country. June 4, 2018. Retrieved July 15, 2018.
- ^ Jones, Isabel (May 11, 2018). "Everything You Wanted to Know About Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband". InStyle. Retrieved July 15, 2018.
- ^ a b Hautman, Nicholas (April 9, 2018). "Bethenny Frankel: I Dated Meghan Markle's Ex Trevor Engelson". Us Weekly.
- ^ Royston, Jack (April 30, 2020). "Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Expecting Baby With New Wife Tracey Kurland". Newsweek. Retrieved April 25, 2021.
- ^ Reichl, Dan (January 25, 2021). "Stanford Kurland, PennyMac and Countrywide Executive, Dies at 68". Bloomberg News. Retrieved April 25, 2021.
- ^ Allen, Julie (May 12, 2019). Written at Washington. "Duchess of Sussex's ex-husband Trevor Engelson marries heiress in lavish ceremony". The Telegraph. London: Telegraph Media Group. Retrieved April 25, 2021.
- ^ Mackelden, Amy (June 2, 2018). "Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband, Trevor Engelson, Just Got Engaged". Harper's Bazaar. Archived from the original on March 6, 2019. Retrieved July 15, 2018.
- ^ Calvario, Liz (May 11, 2019). "Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Gets Married After Royal Baby's Birth". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved May 12, 2019.
- ^ Cardoza, Riley (August 27, 2020). "Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Welcomes 1st Child With Wife Tracey Kurland". US Weekly. Retrieved November 27, 2020.
- ^ Leach, Maddison (November 3, 2021). "Meghan Markle's ex-husband Trevor Engelson just named his new baby after a royal bub". Now to Love. Retrieved May 11, 2022.
- Trevor Engelson at IMDb